Here are a couple ways to celebrate National Eat Outside Day:
Camping or Hiking: Although backpacks are normally stuffed with granola bars and gorp, take a little cheese along for a durable snack with lots of protein and calcium.
- How one fan does it
- Making grilled cheese over a campfire
- One of my favorite websites for backcountry recipes: One Pan Wonders (Smoked Oyster Omelette when camping? With Tillamook Smoked Cheddar! Are you kidding me? YUM!)
Picnic: Grab a blanket, a Baby Loaf, and find a nice patch of grass to spread out on…
- Stash some handy-dandy Tilla-moos in your picnic basket
- Try this BLAT grilled cheese that will stay delicious during your journey to find the perfect picnic spot
- Pick up some goodies from the Cheese Factory for a picnic on an Oregon coast
Al fresco: Things taste even more delicious when dining just outside of your favorite restaurant. Here’s few of our favorites that include an al fresco option:
- The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen, San Francisco
- Caffe Niche with Tillamook Sandwich Week, Salt Lake City
- The Foundry with Tillamook Grilled Cheese Week, Los Angeles
Food Cart: One of the best things about eating at a food cart? Getting to eat delicious treats outside — and you often have different outdoor scenery depending on the day! Some of our fav food carts:
- The Grilled Cheese Truck, Los Angeles (find out their current location on Twitter @grlldcheesetruk)
- Savor Soup House – Featured Tillamook Restaurant of the Month, Portland, Oregon
- Grilled Cheese Grill – Featured Tillamook Restaurant of the Month, Portland, Oregon
BBQ: In these final days of summer grillin’, pay homage to those smokin’ flames with these BBQ ideas:
- Cheese + Burger + [insert delicious toppings] =fabulous grilling recipes
- Grill a pizza. Yeah, you heard me.
- Stuffed Burgers filled with CHEESE!
Pick your fav and get on out there!