It’s National Carrot Cake Day today, so I thought I’d put our new Tillamook Farmstyle Greek Yogurt to the test with some baking! These cupcakes are light, fluffy, and not too sweet – just the way carrot cake should be!
Yield: 12 cupcakes
1 cup sugar
½ cup Tillamook Cinnamon Hazelnut Farmstyle Greek Yogurt
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1½ cups grated carrots
½ cup Tillamook Old Fashioned Vanilla Farmstyle Greek Yogurt (or another flavor of Tillamook Farmstyle Greek Yogurt)
¹⁄₈ cup soft cream cheese
3 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with paper (or silicone) liners.
2. Combine sugar, yogurt and eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl with a spatula.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to yogurt mixture stirring with your spatula until completely combined.
5. Fold in grated carrots and pour into your muffin tin.
5. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
6. Let cool completely before icing.
1. Combine ingredients and chill in fridge for 1 hour.
2. This icing is runnier than some (more like a glaze), so I suggest spooning it onto your cupcakes vs. trying to pipe it.