Nothing says sundae like a banana split! This grilled banana split ice cream sundae recipe is a tasty spin on the American classic! Pop your bananas and pineapple on the grill to make each bite just a little more sweet and juicy!
Yield: 1 Banana Split
1 tablespoon Tillamook Unsalted Butter (cooking spray will work as well)
2 pineapple rings (either from a can, or fresh)
1 banana, sliced in half length wise
1 scoop of Tillamook Oregon Strawberry Ice Cream
1 scoop of Tillamook Old-Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream (Vanilla Bean and French Vanilla work great too)
1 scoop of Tillamook Udderly Chocolate Ice Cream (Dutch Chocolate or Tillamook Mudslide work great too)
Chocolate sauce (strawberry sauce too if you want to keep it traditional)
1 cherry (I used a fresh-picked Oregon Dark Cherry)
2. Lightly butter the pan or skillet
3. Place your bananas and pineapple in your pan and cook for 3 minutes or until they begin to brown, then flip.
4. Once you can see golden brown grill marks on your pineapple and banana, remove from heat and set aside.
5. Add a scoop of strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream to a bowl. Place your grilled bananas on the sides of the bowl (so they are hugging the ice cream), and your grilled pineapple on top. Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
6. Add a dollop of whipped cream and top with chopped nuts and a cherry!