We are slowly but surely recovering from cheese coma after this weekend’s festivities at The Grilled Cheese Invitational (GCI)! Here are a few highlights from this delicious event:
– Tillamook sampled free cheese and served over 20,000 free grilled cheese samples.
– Over 200 competitors tried their hand at making delicious grilled cheese sandwiches (and many of them used Tillamook Cheese!)
– Cameron McClean won the coveted Tillamook Trophy for his Barkin Farker Grilled Cheese Sandwich (sourdough bread, orange-zest butter, New Belgium braised short ribs, Tillamook Cheddar, fontina, and bacon jam-YUM!).
– Heidi Gibson, prior GCI champion from The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen, was sharing her grilled cheese knowledge through on-stage cooking demos.
– Liam and Kelly from our very own Loaf Love Tour won an award for their “Apple ‘n Cheddar Nothing Better” dessert grilled cheese made with Granny Smith, Tillamook Special Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and cinnamon bread. Make their recipe at home.
Thanks to all who came to this insanely awesome event! Think I’ll go celebrate with a grilled cheese (why not?!).