Is there any pairing more perfect that chocolate and peanut butter? I don’t think so! I wanted to make a truly decadent and delicious ice cream dessert for my friends this year, so I came up with these brownie chocolate peanut butter ice cream sandwiches. At this point in the holidays, when everyone is tired of pie and craving something chocolaty (just me?) a brownie ice cream sandwich is the perfect treat! I used star cookie cutters for mine, but any shape could work. Maybe some Tillamook cows next time?
3 cups Tillamook Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
1 stick Tillamook Unsalted Butter, melted
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the Tillamook Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream evenly on the pan, place in the freezer.
3. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, cocoa powder, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract, stir to combine.
4. Add the flour and salt, and then stir until just combined. Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan (it should be a thin layer of batter), and bake for about 30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
5. While the brownies bake, combine the peanut butter, powdered sugar and cream in a bowl, mixing until the frosting is smooth.
6. Spread a layer of frosting over the ice cream, and freeze again to set.
7. When the brownies have cooled, use a star-shaped cookie cutter to cut them into shapes, then use the same cookie cutter to cut stars in the ice cream.
8. Sandwich the ice cream and frosting between two brownies, and freeze for another 30 minutes before serving.