Did you know that Tillamook Cheese doesn’t contain mold inhibitors?
To keep your Tillamook Cheese tasting great and mold free, always store it in the fridge. To prolong the life of your loaf, follow these tips:
• Keep your cheese in its original package.
• Wash your hands before handling.
• Avoid touching the cheese that you plan on putting back in the fridge.
• When slicing your loaf, pull the wrapper back and cut off the desired amount of cheese.
• Tightly fold the original wrapper back over the end.
• Press foil or plastic wrap over the end of your cheese and place it in an airtight, sealed plastic bag.
• Place your cheese in the coldest section of the fridge (less than 40 degrees Fahrenheit).
Sometimes even when you follow these tips cheese will still mold. I suggest cutting off about ¼ inch past the mold and enjoy the rest of the loaf of cheese.