Did you know it is National Better Breakfast Month? Let’s celebrate by pushing our culinary limits and trying out some new recipes. Here are a couple of my favorites to serve as inspiration.
1. Breakfast Strata
- Use whatever you have in your fridge! My strata generally has bacon, Tillamook Cheese, veggies and sautéed onions.
- Sauté the bacon and onions in a fry pan
- Add the egg mixture.
- The egg closest to the burner will cook first, so be sure to swirl and pull the cooked egg from the sides of the pan to make sure all eggs have their turn near the burner.
- When the majority of the egg is cooked (except the center of the top) put the strata in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until the top is cooked.
- Turn the broiler on to get the top extra crispy!
2. Cheddar Bacon Waffles: Check out this recipe for Cheddar Bacon Waffles from Heidi Gibson, of the American Grilled Cheese Kitchen in San Francisco, CA.