As we ease into summer on the Oregon coast, the days are getting longer and the weather’s drying out, so there’s no better time to plan a trip to the Tillamook Cheese Factory! Here are some of our favorite things to do at the Cheese Factory before the crazy summer crowds descend on us:
- Take a picture in the Loaf Love Tour bus and send to all your friends and family.
- Try a sample of creamy, luscious Tillamook Chocolate Ice Cream on Thursday, June 7 to celebrate National Chocolate Ice Cream Day! Learn more.
- Taste the six daily varieties of cheese at the sample counter, and don’t forget the Squeaky Cheese – fresh cheddar cheese curds.
- Wave to the friendly workers sporting their Loaf Love on their uniforms in our packaging department. You can take one of those shirts home with you, too!
- Put together a picnic basket of cheese, fudge, and other delicious Pacific Northwest goodies like smoked salmon, beef jerky, hazelnuts, crackers, and Marionberry jam. You’ll find everything you need in our gourmet shop.
- Go fly a Loaf Love Tour kite!
- Warm up from a breezy beach walk with an ooey, gooey Tillamook grilled cheese sandwich at the Creamery Café, accompanied by our homemade tomato soup.
- Cool down with your favorite flavor of sweet, rich, dreamy Tillamook Ice Cream at the ice cream counter. Can’t choose just one flavor? Have a 3 scoop or 5 scoop sampler!
- Send a CheeseMail video postcard to make all those friends who didn’t come to the cheese factory wish they were there with you!
- Celebrate National Fudge Day with us on June 16 when we’ll introduce our newest fudge flavor, Milk Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt. After all, we are on the Pacific coast. Learn more.
Well, we could go on and on but we’d rather have you come say hello and tell us: What’s your favorite thing to do at the Tillamook Cheese Factory? We’ll be waiting for you!