Day 11) Who owns Tillamook?
Answer: Farmers (or: farmer-owners, Tillamook County Creamery Association, TCCA)
2) How many pounds of cheese does Tillamook make each day?
3) Partner chef Tommy Habetz of Bunk Bar has a preferred way to eat the Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich – what’s his method?
Answer: Squeeze the yolk out to soak up all the goodness!
Day 21) Tillamook products are made from milk from cows not treated with ____ ____ ____ (3 words).
Answer: Artificial growth hormones*
2) What comes atop the 38 Flavor Ice Cream Tour at the Tillamook Cheese Factory?
Answer: A flag
3) Freezing Tillamook Cheese prolongs its life, but it also changes the texture, making it ____ and ____.
Answer: Dry and crumbly
Day 31) What are the 5 values of Tillamook?
Answer: Quality, Cooperation, Integrity, Stewardship, Responsiveness
2) Which Tillamook Cheese has a “New Taste”?
Answer: Monterey Jack
3) What does partner chef Heidi Gibson from The AMERICAN Grilled Cheese Kitchen use to mince rosemary for the Piglet Sandwich?
Answer: A coffee grinder
Day 41) What is our current Featured Flavor Ice Cream?
Answer: Cinnamon Banana Bliss
2) What is a Cheddarmaster?
Answer: A machine that separates curd from whey
3) Can you find Tillamook Ice Cream in Southern California? If so, where?
Answer: Yes, at Winco
2) A historical Tillamook Cheese Advertisement from February 23, 1928 claims that “Tillamook cheese increases ____ _____ ____” (3 words).
Answer: Resistance against illness
3) What ingredient does partner chef Dave Danhi of the Grilled Cheese Truck put on the bread used in the Pepperbelly Melt to “cut the heat for sandwiches that cook longer” (i.e., might easily burn).
Answer: Mayonnaise (or: a mix of mayonnaise and butter, but mayonnaise is key)
*Please note that the FDA has stated that no significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rBST treated and non-rBST treated cows.
Image courtesy of dougwoods