Meals on the Road
By Tayler Herman and Anna Streitz
Many believe that living on the road as a Tillamook Tour ambassador is filled with countless nights of driving back from work and picking up a quick bite to eat at a close fast food restaurant, but not for these Tillamook Brand Ambassadors.
Sometimes we’re lucky enough to stay in a hotel with a kitchenette and essentials to cook up a quick and easy recipes using our favorite Tillamook Cheese!
Tayler’s Philly Cheesesteak
With so much Tillamook Cheese at our fingertips, we jump at the chance to cook up a tasty and simple meal in the hotel room! We love whipping up some of our favorite foods like this recipe for a Philly Cheesesteak made by Tayler!
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz Tillamook Pepper Jack Cheese
1 green bell pepper
1 white onion
1 red bell pepper
1 container of deli sliced roast beef
1 container of sliced mushrooms
1 bag of steak buns
3 tablespoon of Tillamook Salted ButterPreparation
The steps to create this delicious meal are as easy as the ingredients that go into it!
1. Slice up the bell peppers and onions. Such a beautiful sight!
2. Add as much of the mushrooms that you’d like, along with the butter! Put into a skillet on top of the stove on low to medium heat. I didn’t have a skillet so I just used a big mixing pot and it worked just fine!
3. After this mixture warms and the butter has melted, add in the roast beef and Tillamook Pepper Jack Cheese!
4. While the cheese melts into the onion, peppers, and roast beef, spread a little cream cheese onto one of the buns…be still my cream cheese loving heart.
5. After all the Tillamook Pepper Jack Cheese has melted into the mixture, put as much on the bun as your stomach desires!
Voila! The finished product! This tasted as good as it looked, but go ahead and taste for yourself!
Anna chose to honor our neighbors to the South and cooked up a tasty quesadilla that will make your mouth water! Follow her simple steps for an easy-to-make quesadilla sure to fill you up after a long day!
1 tablespoon Tillamook Salted Butter
Tillamook Shredded Mexican 4 Cheese Blend
Can of refried beans
Whole avocado slices
1. To start, turn on your skillet to medium low heat and add enough Tillamook Butter to coat the pan. While the butter heats up, smear half of your tortilla with beans and the other half with tasty Tillamook Cheese.
2. Once the buttered pan is warm, place the tortilla flat in the pan, then carefully flip one half over onto the other. Once the bottom has reached golden brown perfection, flip over and brown the other half.
3. After both sides have browned, remove from heat and turn off your skillet. Open up the tortilla and add your salsa (I used a spicy corn salsa), avocado slices, hot sauce, and lime juice onto one half of the tortilla.
4. Close it up, cut into slices, and enjoy!
As you can see cooking with Tillamook Cheese on the road can be easy and fun, especially after a long day of sampling cheese. It’s all about being flexible and finding what works for you! Hotel cooking is an adventure and we can’t wait to make more recipes!
Try our recipes for yourself and discover how easy delicious can be!
Post by: Tayler H. and Anna S.