A hearty bowl of soup is hard to beat when it’s chilly outside. This vegetable rich soup with a kick of heat is a fantastic comfort food for anyone feeling a cold coming on. Here’s my favorite recipe, but feel free to get a little creative with what you add to this soup!
Yield: 4 servings
2 tablespoons Tillamook Salted Butter
½ medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 Chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
6 cups chicken broth
1 cup corn kernels (canned, frozen or boiled fresh will work)
1 cup cooked black beans
1 large tomato, diced
1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
¼ cup fresh squeezed limes (2 limes)
1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
Tillamook Mexican Shreds
1. Cook onion, garlic, and chipotle in a medium pot in the butter over medium heat. Add salt and chili powder and cook until onion softens.
2. Add chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer broth uncovered for 10 minutes.
3. Add corn and beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Stir in tomato, chicken, cilantro, and lime juice and remove from heat.
5. Pour into bowls and sprinkle tortilla chips and shredded cheese on top to your liking (the more cheese, the better). Garnish with a thin slice or two of avocado. Add a lime wedge for aesthetics if you like.