There’s a new trend on the streets: upcycling! What is upcycling, you ask? It’s the concept of taking something you are probably going to throw away or recycle and creating something new out of it. Now, we don’t recommend upcycling your yummy Tillamook products (since they’re perishable!), but there are some fun ways to upcycle your Tillamook packaging and containers! I’ve compiled a couple crafty ideas for you here:
• Turn a Tillamook Yogurt cup into a flower pot. I hear painting the container fun colors helps turn a black thumb into a green one, but I can’t promise anything. Don’t forget to cut a few holes in the bottom to let the water drip out!
• Upcycle your Tillamook Ice Cream tub into a container for flour or sugar to keep your baking storage fun and neat.
• Use a Tillamook Sour Cream container to pack your leftovers – great for bringing lunch to work!
• Take a Tillamook Baby Loaf label, glue it to a piece of cardboard and cut it into pieces to make a cheesy puzzle.
• Or, cut up Baby Loaf label pieces and hodgepodge them to a jar to make stained glass! Adds a nice orange glow if you put a candle inside.
• Pack up Legos or game pieces in a Sour Cream container – you can paint the outside to help identify the contents!
• Take Tillamook to the office! Turn a yogurt cup into a taste-inspiring pen holder.
Do you have any fun craft ideas using Tillamook packaging?
- Katie of the Tillamook Team