Tillamook Grilled Cheese Recipepalooza – Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese from Baked Bree
Bree Hester is a food lover and mom of three. She writes the food blog Baked Bree, where she wants you to eat well and laugh often.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Yield (number of servings): 4 sandwiches
A grilled cheese version of one of my favorite bar snacks, the jalapeño popper. This grilled cheese is a fun take on that snack, and would be perfect served alongside tortilla soup or chili.
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices Tillamook Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 slices Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 slices hearty white bread
- 2oz Tillamook Unsalted Butter
In a small bowl combine cream cheese, green onions, and jalapeños. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Preheat skillet to medium heat. Arrange bread on a cutting board, and spread cream cheese mixture on both pieces of bread. Add a slice of Monterey Jack and a slice of cheddar. Close the sandwich and lightly butter one side. Place the buttered side down in a skillet. Let the cheese melt, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat if needed. Butter the top and flip sandwich over. Cook second side about 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is brown and toasted.