One Pot Wonder: Fall Edition
Winter is upon us, which means it’s time to break out the gloves and scarves, and start hoping for a snow day! My absolute favorite thing about this season is the food. It’s all comfort food all the time – who doesn’t love a big, warm bowl of cheesy pasta? This recipe is great because it’s chock full of hearty seasonal veggies, and topped with zingy, creamy melted Tillamook Vintage White Extra Sharp Cheddar. Plus, it’s easy to make and the cleanup is a breeze.
Butternut Squash and Kale Pasta
1 box (15 oz) Pasta (I used whole wheat Penne)
3 cups cubed butternut squash
5 or 6 leaves of kale, destemmed and chopped
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup grated Tillamook Vintage White Extra Sharp Cheddar
1. Fill a large pot with water, and sprinkle in a couple teaspoons of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and squash. Cook until pasta is al dente and squash is easily pierced with a fork.
3. Add the kale and cook for another minute or until Kale is wilted.
4. Pour the contents of the pot into a strainer, and then transfer to a large bowl.
5. Add the walnuts and cheese, season with salt and pepper then stir to combine, and then serve!