Game 1 of the “Fall Classic” – Recipes For Every Game of the 2011 World Series
I am setting out to make a different Tillamook recipe for each game of the 2011 World Series. Aside from the dilemma of who to root for, now that the Yankees aren’t in the running (FYI, it’s St. Louis Cardinals vs. Texas Rangers), the biggest decision is what tasty dish to make for the opening game.
I’ve decided that, in honor of this seven-game series, tonight’s main feature will be the classic Tillamook Seven-Layer Dip. Not being the cook in our house, I’ve always been curious about what makes those seven layers so delicious. Let’s find out, shall we?
Tillamook Seven Layer Dip Recipe (serves 6 to 8)
1 large can (40.5-ounce) refried beans
3 avocados, smashed
3 tablespoons Tillamook Sour Cream
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup shredded Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese
1 cup shredded Tillamook Monterey Jack Cheese
1 large container (24-ounce) Tillamook Sour Cream
1 package taco seasoning mix
1½ tomatoes, diced
sliced olives, for garnish
lettuce, for garnish
freshly chopped green onions, for garnish
- Fry the refried beans in pan prior to adding to the recipe. Mash together avocados, sour cream, and lemon juice. Reserve.
- Mix the cheese together. Reserve.
- Mix the sour cream and taco seasoning together. Reserve.
- Layer in a pan or glass dish in the order listed, starting with the beans, then the avocado mixture, then the cheese, and finishing with the sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle your choice of lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and green onions over the top.
- Serve with a large bag of tortilla chips.
Next game: Shepherd’s Pie topped with Tillamook Cheddar Mashed Potatoes! Kinda makes you look forward to watching baseball, doesn’t it?!