TILLAMOOK UNLEASHES MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR MARKETING CAMPAIGN - Century-old, Farmer-owned Dairy Cooperative Rolls Out New Website, TV Ads, Sampling Tour and Logo
On its way to becoming one of the nation’s top natural dairy brands, Tillamook is unleashing an aggressive, multi-million dollar marketing initiative. Online, on-air, on pack and on the road, the farmer-owned cooperative is sharing the “Loaf Love”, a playful nod to its flagship 2 lb. loaf of award-winning Medium Cheddar Cheese.
“It’s rare that a brand in the dairy aisle fuels such passion, but Tillamook is an exception, a brand built in the Pacific Northwest on farmer care and more than a century of fan love,” said John Russell, senior director of marketing. “With consumer interest in natural products and companies with authentic heritage growing, it’s a perfect time to give the brand a marketing jolt to bring energy and enthusiasm to something that’s been there for more than 100 years.”
At the heart of the program is a new best-in-class website, www.Tillamook.com. Created by Hello Design (Los Angeles, CA), the site replaces multiple websites with a cohesive online brand experience that’s as engaging as it is comprehensive. Features include:
- Original "Tillamook Kitchen" videos showcasing urban chefs with an exciting yet accessible approach to food and love for Tillamook, including Grilled Cheese Invitational winner Heidi Gibson, Commander-in-Cheese of the San Francisco hotspot, The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen;
- Unique “Tillamook Time” recipe function, which automatically highlights breakfast, lunch or dinner recipes based on time of day, making it easy for thoughtful moms and dads to discover delicious meal ideas;
- An interactive "Cheese IQ" trivia game bringing Tillamook values, history and products to life with chances to win free cheese each time users play;
- A rich community section with a new “Loaf Life” blog offering behind-the-scenes peeks at Tillamook, product news and brand insight written by Tillamook employees and partners;
- Dynamic content featuring real Tillamook employees and integrating the brand's more than 100,000 fervent Facebook fans to invite exploration and consumer engagement; and
- Robust cross-referencing of recipes and products, including the many new Tillamook cheese, yogurt and ice cream products introduced for 2011.
For the second year, Tillamook is hitting the road with custom, vintage VW “Baby Loaf” buses sharing samples of its award-winning Tillamook cheese as part of its national sampling initiative, The Loaf Love Tour. Designed by Henry V (Portland, OR), the tour will hit hundreds of cities. Reaching people at home this spring will be Tillamook’s largest cheese TV advertising campaign, created by mono advertising (Minneapolis, MN) with media buying by Horizon (Los Angeles, CA). On store shelves, a refreshed logo will honor Tillamook’s heritage as a farmer-owned cooperative. Meanwhile, an internal team of social media experts are fueling fan engagement, while Bread & Butter PR (Los Angeles, CA) and Maxwell PR (Portland, OR) support national, local and trade media relations.
About Tillamook County Creamery Association
Established in 1909, the Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a cooperative of 110 dairy farming families guided by century-old values of quality, cooperation, integrity, stewardship and responsiveness. Quickly becoming one of the top dairy brands in the country, Tillamook is most famously known for its award-winning, naturally aged Tillamook cheddars and also offers a variety of other cheeses, ice cream, butter, sour cream and yogurt.