Guided by the values of good, honest farmers since 1909, we don’t do things the quicker way or the cheaper way.
At Tillamook, we do things the right way.
Tillamook is a farmer-owned cooperative, and we make and market dairy products.
- The cooperative (formally known as the Tillamook County Creamery Association) is made up of nearly 100 dairy farming families, primarily located in Tillamook County on the Oregon Coast.
- Not only do Tillamook farmer-owners supply extremely high-quality milk that gets used in Tillamook products, but because the entire board of directors are dairy farmer-members of the cooperative, our farmer-owners govern the business.
- The profits from Tillamook are shared among our farmer-owners. Success at Tillamook means sustainability of dairy farming life in Oregon.
Tillamook has been making high-quality dairy products for more than 100 years.
- Our farmer-owned cooperative was founded in 1909 by small creameries that wanted to ensure the highest consistency and quality of cheese made in Tillamook.
- The principles and values of our founding members have guided Tillamook for more than a century, with a focus on producing the best tasting, highest quality, real dairy products.
All farmers who supply milk for Tillamook products pledge not to use artificial growth hormones*.
- Any milk suppliers found not to be in compliance with this policy are subject to serious penalty, including losing their membership in TCCA or losing their milk supply contract with Tillamook.
* The FDA has stated that no significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rBST treated and non-rBST treated cows
Healthy cows provide the highest quality milk and we take animal care on dairy farms very seriously.
- All of the farmers in the Tillamook County Creamery Association cooperative participate in the National Dairy FARM Program (Farmers Assuring Responsible Management), which is a nationwide, verifiable animal well-being program that provides consistency and uniformity to best practices in animal care.
Tillamook products have been winning prestigious awards for decades.
- From World Fairs to the World Championship Cheese Competition, and many more in between, Tillamook dairy products have been honored time and again by industry recognized expert judges at dairy competitions throughout the country and the world.
Aged Tillamook cheddars are naturally aged.
- Tillamook does not use added enzymes or other agents to accelerate aging of our cheddar cheese. We let time do the job.
- Natural aging allows the distinct cheddar flavors to develop over time, which makes for a clean, rich, complex cheddar taste that Tillamook fans have come to love.
- Tillamook cheddars are aged anywhere from 60 days (for medium) to 9 months (for sharp) to 15 months to 5 years (for extra sharp).
Tillamook Cheese contains no artificial ingredients.
- Tillamook cheddar is made with only three to four ingredients: cultured milk, salt, enzymes, and sometimes (for certain cheese) annatto for natural color.
- Other varieties of Tillamook Cheese are made with real, simple ingredients including: Cultured Pasteurized Milk, Salt, Enzymes, Annatto (natural color), Chili Pepper Flakes, Garlic, Black Pepper, Jalapeno Peppers, Habanero Peppers and Vinegar.
Milk is treated with great care at Tillamook cheese-making facilities in order to ensure it is turned into the best tasting cheese.
- The high-quality milk used to make Tillamook Cheese arrives at Tillamook cheese-making facilities within approximately an hour of leaving the farm.
- Tillamook cheese-making facilities are designed so that the milk is transported and handled more slowly and gently to protect the important fat and protein components that make our cheese taste so good.
Tillamook has been making naturally-aged cheddar cheese using essentially the same recipe for more than a century.
- Some of our equipment may be more modernized today, but we still make cheddar cheese using the same basic ingredients and processes that were used when Tillamook was founded more than 100 years ago.
The public can watch Tillamook Cheese being made and packaged.
- Come visit us at the Tillamook Cheese Factory in Tillamook, OR. It’s open to the public year-round and tours are free and self-guided. Learn more here
Tillamook Smoked Provolone Slices and Tillamook Smoked Cheddar are naturally smoked with real wood, not liquid smoke.
- Tillamook Smoked Provolone is naturally smoked with real hickory wood.
- Tillamook Smoked Cheddar Cheeses are naturally smoked with real Sugar Maple wood.
Tillamook Ice Cream is made with extra cream, not extra air.
- Tillamook has one of the highest cream contents in the premium ice cream category. According to the FDA, ice cream must contain no less than 10% cream – but, Tillamook contains approximately 13.5%.
- Less air is whipped into Tillamook Ice Cream, and that means it weighs approximately half a pound more per gallon than the FDA standard. Industry standard is at least 4.5 pounds. Tillamook is approximately 5 pounds per gallon.
Tillamook products contain no artificial coloring.
- We add a natural coloring called Annatto to some of our cheeses to create the famous orange color our fans have come to know and love. Annatto comes from seeds of tropical Annatto trees. It has been used historically to regulate cheese color. Adding Annatto ensures that every loaf of Tillamook Cheese looks exactly the way our fans expect. Annatto does not impact the flavor of the cheese in any way.
- Tillamook Ice Cream only contains colors derived from natural sources, such as red beet juice concentrate in our Oregon Strawberry Ice Cream, or by leaving coloring out altogether, such as in our Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
- Tillamook Yogurt only contains colors derived from natural sources, such as black currant juice concentrate in our Marionberry Farmstyle Greek yogurt.
Tillamook products contain no artificial flavors.
- Tillamook Ice Cream gets its great flavor from our high-quality ingredients and because it is made with more cream and less air than some of our competitors.
- Tillamook Yogurt gets its great flavor from the high-quality fruit and other natural ingredients included in each variety.
- Some Tillamook Yogurts also use natural flavors to add flavor.
Tillamook products contain no artificial sweeteners.
- Tillamook Ice Cream is sweetened with sugar, corn syrup, brown sugar and/or naturally-occurring sweeteners like strawberries and other fruits.
- Tillamook Yogurt is sweetened with fruit, sugar and/or honey.
Tillamook products contain no high fructose corn syrup.
- Tillamook Ice Cream is sweetened with sugar, corn syrup, brown sugar, and/or naturally-occurring sweeteners like strawberries and other fruits.
- Tillamook Yogurt is sweetened with fruit, sugar and/or honey.
Tillamook uses high-quality berries & cherries from the Pacific Northwest in our ice cream and yogurt.
- We pay a premium for Northwest berries because we think they are the best quality around.
- Tillamook Oregon Strawberry Ice Cream, Oregon Strawberry Tillamookies, and Oregon Strawberry Yogurts are made using real strawberries sourced from Oregon.
- Tillamook Oregon Blueberry Patch Ice Cream, Oregon Blueberry 2% Farmstyle Greek Yogurt, and Blueberry Acai Lowfat Yogurt are made using real blueberries sourced from Oregon
- Tillamook Marionberry Pie Ice Cream and Oregon Marionberry Yogurts are made using real marionberries sourced from Oregon.
- Tillamook White Chocolate Raspberry Yum Ice Cream and Washington Raspberry 2% Farmstyle Greek Yogurt are made with real raspberries sourced from the Northwest.
- Tillamook Oregon Raspberry Lowfat Yogurt is made using real raspberries sourced from Oregon.
- Tillamook Oregon Black Cherry Ice Cream and Oregon Dark Cherry Yogurts are made using real cherries sourced from Oregon.
- Tillamook Berry Patch Lowfat Yogurt is made using real strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries sourced from Oregon.
Outside of using berries from the Pacific Northwest, Tillamook chooses only high-quality fruit for our yogurt from carefully selected growing regions (not off the commodity fruit market).
- We pay more for the fruit used in our yogurts because we think sourcing from specific growing regions ensures the highest quality fruit.
- Tillamook Blueberry Acai Yogurt is made using real Acai berries that are sourced from Brazil.
- Tillamook California Peach Yogurt is made using real peaches sourced from California.
- Tillamook California Nectarine Yogurt is made using real nectarines sourced from California.
- Tillamook Key Lime Yogurt is made using real limes sourced from Mexico.
- Tillamook Lemon Squeeze Yogurt is made using real lemons sourced from California.
- Tillamook Mountain Huckleberry Yogurt is made using real huckleberries sourced from Maine
- Tillamook Pomegranate Berry Yogurt is made using real pomegranate from California.
Tillamook uses high-quality, locally-sourced Northwest hazelnuts in our ice cream
- Tillamook Oregon Hazelnut & Salted Caramel Ice Cream and Chocolate Hazelnut Tillamookies use real hazelnuts sourced from Oregon.
Tillamook vanilla ice creams and yogurts are made with real vanilla sourced from Madagascar.
- Ice Cream flavors include Tillamook Vanilla Bean, Old Fashioned Vanilla, and French Vanilla ice creams; Vanilla Bean Tillamookies and Old-Fashioned Vanilla Tillabars.
- Yogurt flavors include Lowfat Vanilla Bean, Lowfat Cherry Vanilla, Lowfat French Vanilla and Old-Fashioned Vanilla 2% Farmstyle Greek.
Tillamook Yogurt contains real clover honey
- The clover honey sourced for Tillamook Yogurt is from the Pacific Northwest.
Tillamook uses the highest quality cinnamon in our yogurt
- The cinnamon sourced for Tillamook Yogurt is from the renowned cinnamon growing region in Vietnam.
Tillamook Farmstyle Greek Yogurt contains more protein than many Greek yogurts on the market.
- We authentically strain our Farmstyle Greek Yogurt, which means it has less whey, and more protein.
- Tillamook 2% Farmstyle Greek has 14g per serving (5.3oz cup); Tillamook 2% Farmstyle Greek Plain and Simple has 25g per serving (in an 8oz serving).
- Tillamook 0% Farmstyle Greek has 13g per serving (5.3oz cup); Tillamook 0% Farmstyle Greek Plain and Simple has 15g per serving (5.3oz cup).
Tillamook Premium and Lowfat sour creams uses only real, natural ingredients
- We recently enhanced our sour cream recipe to ensure that it contained only real, wholesome ingredients.
- New Tillamook Premium and Lowfat sour creams are made only with cream, milk, and enzymes.