Beer Mac & Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In boiling slightly salted water, cook pasta 1-2 minutes less than package directions. Rinse in cold water and set aside. It should be al dente because you will be cooking it further in the oven.
- Heat milk in a small sauce pan on the stove just until warm, do not boil.
- Melt butter in a medium pot over medium-low heat; slowly whisk in flour until smooth.
- Cook, whisking constantly for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in warm milk and cook, whisking for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Slowly add beer and cook, whisking again constantly, 2 minutes.
- Whisk in salt, black pepper, onion powder, Dijon mustard, and 3 cups of the cheeses, mix until smooth; stir pasta into sauce mixture add the cooked bacon.
- Spoon pasta and bacon coated mixture into a lightly greased 8 inch baking dish; top with remaining Provolone cheese.
- Bake at 400° uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Let Mac & Cheese sit for 5 minutes before serving.