Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, add butternut squash, onion, garlic, stock, milk and 3 tablespoons of butter. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 20 minutes until squash is tender.
- Once cooked, blend the butternut squash along with all liquids and contents of pan in a blender until smooth and return to pan over medium heat.
- Add cheese (reserving ½ cup), salt, pepper and nutmeg to the butternut squash mixture stirring frequently until cheese has melted and mixture is smooth. Add cooked pasta to the sauce and stir until pasta is fully incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small skillet melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Once melted, add sage and panko string until panko is completely coated in melted butter.
- If using an oven proof dish finish off butternut squash mac and cheese by sprinkling with sage, panko, and reserved cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until panko turns a golden brown color. Serve immediately and enjoy!
More For You