Balsamic Pickled Red Onions
- In a small saucepan, bring the apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, ½ cup of water, and salt to a boil. Boil until the salt dissolves, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool a minute or two.
- Add the sliced red onions to a glass jar and pour the vinegar over the onions. Let the onions sit at least 30 minutes at room temperature before using or place in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to high.
- Divide the meat into 5 equal portions and form into patties. Using your thumb, make a small indent into the center of each patty. Season with kosher salt.
- Place the burgers on the grill and grill until your desired doneness, about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the shredded cheddar cheese to each patty, cover the grill and allow the cheese to melt. Remove the cheeseburgers from the grill.
- To assemble, spread a little fig preserve on the bottom of each toasted bun. Place a handful of arugula and a tomato slice on top. Now add the cheeseburger patty and top with the thinly sliced avocado. Drizzle the avocado with lemon juice and then sprinkle with dill and flaky sea salt. Add the bacon, pickled red onions, and finally, the top half of the bun. Dig in!
More For You