Cheddar Chive Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle over butter cubes, then use a pastry cutter or two knives to break up the butter into pea-sized chunks.
- Add cheddar and chives and toss until evenly incorporated.
- Drizzle over buttermilk and stir with a fork until evenly moistened. Press dough together into a loose ball with your hands.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Press into a rectangle, then fold in half lengthwise, then fold into quarters.
- Pat dough out into a rectangle a second time, then fold in half and again into quarters once more.
- Pat out into a rectangle approximately 1-inch thick. Using a circular cookie cutter or biscuit cutter, cut into rounds (when cutting, press the cutter straight down and lift it straight up - don’t twist or you might ruin the lovely layers).
- Arrange biscuits on a parchment lined baking sheet, leaving an inch or two of space between them. Any remaining dough scraps can be gathered together and pressed out again, although keep in mind this second batch won’t be quite as tall as the first.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and brush generously with melted butter. Serve warm.