Cheddar Waffle Breakfast Sliders
Make the Waffles
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites on high with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form when you lift the mixer out.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, and oil.
- Whisk the egg/milk/oil mixture into the dry ingredients – it’s OK if there are some lumps.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Gently fold in the egg whites (a silicone spatula works well) until no white streaks remain.
- Heat your waffle maker, spray well with cooking spray, and use about ¼ cup batter per waffle (adjust depending on the size of your waffle maker).
- Cook until golden brown, and repeat with the remaining batter.
Assemble the Sliders
- Slice the waffles into quarters and assemble into sliders with more cheese, cooked bacon, and eggs!
- Use toothpicks to hold sliders together, if desired.