Chorizo Cheddar Biscuits
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F with rack in center.
- Start by browning the chorizo until fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and soda, salt) and whisk well in a large bowl.
- Grate frozen butter with larger side of a box grater. Alternatively, you can chop it finely, about pea-sized, as evenly as possible. Keep frozen.
- Combine grated butter with flour mixture and stir to evenly distribute.
- Add the cooked chorizo and coat with flour mixture.
- Saving about ¼ of the cheese to top the biscuits, add the remaining ¾ of the 8 ounces of Tillamook Farmstyle Cut Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese to the dry mixture.
- Pour the cold buttermilk over the flour mix and use a wooden spoon to combine.
- Do not overmix. Mix just enough for the dough to form when pressed together and stop.
- If it has started to warm, chill the dough for 10-15 minutes prior to rolling.
- Press the dough onto a lightly floured surface at about 1 inch in height.
- Fold the dough over itself and roll dough to 1 inch again.
- Using a floured cutter, press biscuits out. Press straight down, not twisting for best results.
- Transfer biscuits to sheet pan.
- Lightly brush tops of biscuits with the additional cream.
- Sprinkle with remaining Tillamook Farmstyle Cut Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese.
- Bake until golden and cheese has fully melted, about 15 minutes.
- Enjoy with friends and family!