Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Tillamook Shredded Sharp Cheddar and gruyere cheese together in a bowl, set aside.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a medium heavy bottom saucepan over medium-low heat. When butter is melted, whisk in gluten free flour; keep whisking until roux thickens and lets off a nutty aroma, 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk in a thin stream to roux, whisking as you go. Add cayenne, mustard, salt and pepper. Allow mixture to come to a low boil, continuing to whisk.
- Simmer sauce until thickened, about 2 minutes, then turn off heat and stir in all but ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- Stir in cooked, drained gluten free macaroni into cheese sauce. Pour entire contents into buttered casserole dish (a 3 qt dish is the right size).
- In a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs (if using) and remaining ½ cup cheese. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake in middle of oven 25-30 minutes, until golden and bubbling.