Grilled Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and make cookies about 4 inches in diameter. Then freeze the cookies (it makes them easier to work with when grilling them and making a sandwich).
- For each sandwich, preheat a frying pan big enough to lay both cookies flat next to each other to medium-high heat.
- Brush the bottom (flat side of the frozen cookie) with butter and place them in the frying pan, butter-side down. You don’t want to grill them for much more than a minute. You’re trying to get the flat side of the cookies to get hot, but you still want the cookies to retain some structure, which is why you start with a frozen cookie. Once you’ve achieved this, pull the cookies from the heat. You want to make your sandwiches with the flat, hot sides of the cookies OUT.
- Scoop ice cream onto one cookie, and use the other cookie to make a sandwich. Press the sandwich together with your hand and start eating.
- Note: If you’d like to experiment with other ingredients, feel free. Roll the sandwiches in some more chocolate chips, sprinkles, or chopped peanuts. Get creative, and if you aren’t having fun, this isn’t the food for you!