Miso Cheeseburgers with Toasted Sesame Slaw and Miso Mayonnaise
- Preheat your grill on medium-high heat. While the grill heats up, form the burgers and make the slaw and mayo (slaw and mayo can be made in advance). Once the grill is hot, oil grates with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, gently combine, beef, miso, soy, ginger, garlic, egg yolk, panko, green onions, and pepper. Divide mix into four equal balls. Flatten each ball until they are slightly larger than your bun and approximately 1 inch thick. Using your hand, make a slight depression in the center of each patty. Brush both sides of the patty with vegetable oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, sugar, and salt. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add in cabbage, carrots, and green onions. Sprinkle in sesame seeds and toss to combine. Set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, miso, and Sriracha. Set aside.
Making the Burgers
- Cook burgers on your hot grill about 3-5 minutes until slightly charred with grill marks. Turn patty over and grill for another 3 minutes or until burger is cooked to 160 F (or your desired temperature). Do not press on your patties while grilling! Add buns to the grill and top each patty with a slice of Tillamook Medium White Cheddar Slices. Close the grill lid and allow cheese to melt for another 1-2 minutes while the buns toast. Remove buns and burgers from the grill.
- Top each bun base with miso mayonnaise, then the cheddar burger, slaw, red chili slices, and finally, cilantro. Put on the top of the sesame seed bun and enjoy!