Pimento Cheese Wontons
- Mix all the pimento cheese ingredients except Tillamook Sharp Cheddar until smooth, then stir in cheddar until well combined. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Whisk together yolks and water.
- Lay 5 wrappers on a work surface leaving a little space between each. Brush along the edges with the egg wash. Place a rounded teaspoon of pimento cheese in the center of each.
- Dip your fingertips in flour and fold wontons by bringing all 4 points up to center above the cheese trying not to trap air inside, pinch down each spine to form pyramid-shaped wontons. Repeat in batches until all the wontons are formed. Chill while oil heats.
- Heat 1 ½ inches of oil in a cast iron skillet or wok to 350°F. Fry wontons in batches until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and serve with sweet chili sauce and scallions.
- Optional: keep remaining cheese in the fridge to create additional wontons or re-purpose for a melty grilled cheese.