Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Slowly whisk in milk; cook until thick. Add pumpkin puree and mix well. Remove from heat. Add cheeses, salt, nutmeg (if using), and black pepper.
- Combine sauce with pasta. Pour into baking pan. Sprinkle with bread crumbs (if using), and bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- Instead of cooking the mac in a pan, you could give the recipe a "Kitchen Confidante twist" and cook inside a mini pumpkin. Or you could serve the mac in a pumpkin if you would prefer to bake in a pan.