Punch of Flavor Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Slice the bread a little thicker than your typical slice of bread. Next, start warming your pan on low heat. A cast iron pan is preferred, but a non-stick will be just fine.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Butter should be room temperature so that it spreads easily. Stack one slice of cheese on the non-buttered side of the bread. Then add your meat slice and sprinkle on a little green onion. Lay a second slice of cheese on top of the meat. Top it off with the second slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Once the sandwiches are formed and the pan is warm, turn up the heat to medium. Wait about a minute, then place the sandwich on the pan. You should hear a slight sizzle. Let it rest for about 2 minutes, then check by lifting the sandwich with a spatula. The color you want is a golden brown.
- Once the one side is golden brown, use your spatula to flip. Make sure to hold your finger on the top side of the sandwich to make sure nothing falls out. Let the second side grill for an equal amount of time. Once the second side is golden brown, smash the sandwich slightly with a sturdy metal spatula or small pan lid.
- Golden brown on both sides, melted cheese… You’re ready to eat!