Rosemary and Kale Mac and Cheese
- In a 6-quart pot add 4 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon of kosher salt. Bring to a boil on a stove set to high heat.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a 4-quart pot set to medium heat.
- Add the onion. Cook, stirring continuously until the onion becomes translucent (2-3 minutes).
- Add the kale, garlic, rosemary, salt, black pepper, red pepper and nutmeg. Cook until fragrant and kale has softened (1 minute).
- Add the cream, and turn the stove to medium-high heat. Cook, stirring continuously, until bubbling and thick (3 minutes).
- Turn heat to low. Add the sharp cheddar and Italian blend cheese. Whisk until all the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened slightly. Taste the seasoning, adjusting as needed. Turn off heat.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente (9-10 minutes). Drain the pasta in a colander.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce and stir to combine. Continue to stir until the sauce has incorporated and the pasta is tender.
- Divide pasta into 4-6 bowls and serve hot.