Spicy Loaded Nachos
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set the oven racks to the upper third and lower third of the oven. Spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chorizo until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Wipe out the pan with paper towels.
- Warm the oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and cook, undisturbed, until the kernels start to pop and are well browned, 1-2 minutes. Stir and cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a bowl.
- Distribute half of the chips onto each baking sheet. Top each chip with a small spoonful of refried beans. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over each tray of chips. Scatter the chorizo, chiles and pickled jalapenos on top. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until the chips are golden on the edges and the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Top each tray of nachos with onion and cilantro and serve immediately.