Cheesy Bay Pull-Apart Bread
To make the dough:
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and instant yeast. Allow to stand for 5 to 7 minutes, until foamy.
- In the bowl of a stand-up mixer, with the hook attachment, add the yeast/milk mixture, melted butter, eggs, sugar, sea salt, cayenne pepper and flour. Turn mixer on to medium speed and knead for 5 to 8 minutes, until the dough has formed a smooth ball.
- Rub the inside of a separate, clean bowl with olive oil and transfer the dough to the bowl.
- Grease the top of the ball of dough with olive oil and cover with a clean kitchen towel.
- Allow the dough to rise in a warm place for about an hour or until doubled in size.
To make the filling and topping:
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter. Turn the heat off and mix in the minced garlic, salt, cayenne and minced parsley.
- Grease and line a 8”x4” loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside. Liberally flour your work surface and rolling pin. Roll the dough into a 15”x16” rectangle that’s about 1/8” thick.
- Cut the dough, vertically, into four 4” strips. Next, cut each strip into five 3” rectangles.
- Lightly brush one rectangle of dough with the melted butter mixture. Place a heaping tablespoon of Farmstyle Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese in the center. Top with another rectangle of dough and lightly brush with the butter mixture. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan. Repeat with the remaining rectangles of dough.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and puffed. Reheat the leftover butter mixture, if needed, and brush onto the top of the loaf.