Cheddar & Sour Cream Biscuits
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter with your fingers or pastry blender until butter is in small, pea-sized pieces. Mix in cheddar cheese. Using a fork or your hands, mix in sour cream until dough comes together (dough may still be slightly crumbly).
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes (may need to add a couple drops of water to help dough come together).
- Roll dough out until it is 1 inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter or use a small drinking glass, cut into 2.5” rounds and place on baking sheet. Chill biscuits for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake for 12-14 minutes until tops are golden brown.
Garlic Herb Butter
- Place butter, garlic, herbs, and salt in a bowl, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place the butter on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into an even log, sealing the wrap tightly around the butter. Before using, let the butter chill for an hour or more to allow the butter to infuse the flavors. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 60 days.